Friday, August 3, 2012

Don't wish for another day

I posted this in 2009 on my wordpress blog. I"m no longer using wordpress so I thought I'd repost it here. Here it is:

It was Rebecca st. James who sang  “Don’t wish for another day, be glad and use the one you’re in…” the song obviously goes on to talk about being grateful and thanking God for the one you’re in. I will admit that this has possibly been the hardest thing for me to do.

I wake up on some mornings and the thought of going to a lecture, or seeing people makes me wish it were another day, preferably one on the weekend. Now we’ve all had many of these days and on some of those days, I’ve gone right back to sleep but lately I’ve started thinking differently about these days.

What if Jesus had gotten up one morning and thought I wish it wasn’t this day. Imagine that day was the day He was to die for you and me and he just pulled the covers over his face and forgot about the world; about you. Isn’t that what we so often do? Some day’s the reason you should really go to that lecture is because you might meet some broken person who just needs to see you smile, or say hi or care enough to find out how they’re doing. Sometimes you have to go to get out of bed because someone else out there has bigger problems and just needs a helping hand.

As from today, I pledge to start living in/on the day’s I’m that I wake up because waking up to a new day means that I’m alive. I am in Christ; the one who is the way, the truth and the LIFE so I’m taking Joyce Meyer’s words and starting to enjoy everyday life.

To you carrying the heavy load, take God’s yoke, it’s lighter. This is the day the Lord has made; don’t wish for another day.
Feefs

No comments:

Post a Comment