Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Exceedingly, Abundantly and Above

There's a scripture that says that God is able to provide exceedingly, abundantly and above all that you can dream or imagine (Feel free to give me the reference to this...).


I had a hard time in high school with making the right type of friends. I had some friends alright, but I desired something deeper, more life changing and building. My friendships for the most part weren't about blessing each other and helping one another move further in relationship with God. I didn't have very many friends who were sold out for the Lord and we never really sought to bless and love each other in ways that only God can inspire...




Anyway, I believe there was a season in my high school career where God removed me from my friends. He had spoken to me about that but no one wants to roam the school at break-time without their core group of friends, right? I rememeber chatting with my core group of friends at the time about some other girl who'd been kicked out of her group and was now a nomadic friend. I feared this would be my portion for a while and it certainly did. I think this was from about grade 9 till the end of my matric year. A nomadic friend I was. If you know me, feel free to ask me about this not so great time in my life. But there are thing I learned at this time about enjoying my own company, learning how to get along with individuals, etc, so I wasn't a total loner, hahaha, and there you were feelng sorry for me :)


In my gap year I remember praying and I probably even cried for God to give me the best kind of friend(s) at university. I wrote the criteria down in my journal. Came to Rhodes and ja, I made great friends, but there was always that gap for an even better friends or going deeper with the ones I had. Second year arrived and with it came the start of my friendship with Maphuti Mannya.I love this woman of God so much! I've mentioned what she's meant to me in an earlier post but I still think about her now and I know she may have just saved my life. An answered prayer. This year though she's studying elsewhere but I know she's a lifelong friend. Exceedingly, abundantly and above.


Her leaving left a gap for that friend who would be close in proximity and I asked God for another friend. You know what I like most about God is that He enjoys surprising me. I have a great core group of friends from church who He's knitting my heart with. I thought surely, one or two would emerge as the ones who would speak in extra mile type of thing. Then just over two weeks ago He introduced the most unlikely friends. I'm an occassional ageist and so befriending someone younger is not always easy. I mean befriending them as in sharing my heart, not just loving on them that's what I usually shy away from. Zola Ndlovu and Mbali Sebaeng. Wow, they walked into my life just over two weeks ago and I feel like we've been friends for much longer. Walked into my life is a slight exageration cos I have known the lovely existed, but never had a real opportunity or I don't know, to get to know them (Zola, what happened? fill me in?). Zola has spoken so boldly into my life, it's almost killed all  my preconceived ideas about people younger than me. Almost is the right word cos I'm still a work in progress (yes, I'm not perfect yet!) Then there's Mbali who's stolen my heart and my heart missing her every now and then surprises me. She listens so well and is the best source of laughter especially when I need it most. I've had days when I just need a friend to just be, and she has been that. I just have to keep them! hahaha! Seriously though, the love that I have from them surprised me cos the one moment I know them from a distance, the next were sharing from our hearts? Exceedingly, abundantly and above.


God I tell you. He prunes and it hurts. Yet the fruit that comes from there is incredible and has left me knowing that He is able to provide exceedingly, abundantly, and above all that I have imagined. My next post will probably be about the other great friends that are just walking into my life, wow! It's taken years to see the fruits of the pruning that took place in high school, but now, I think maybe, I'm starting to see the tip of the iceberg!

Love

No comments:

Post a Comment